The team of doctors advised Queen Elizabeth to rest for at least the next two weeks. The 95-year-old Queen has been asked not to attend an official visit and only carry out light duties during this time, Buckingham Palace said Friday.
But the world’s oldest and longest-serving queen is determined to appear at the annual Remembrance Sunday service to commemorate war deaths in central London on November 14, the palace said.
Elizabeth, who is queen of 15 other kingdoms including Australia, Canada and New Zealand, has been resting at her Windsor Castle since she was hospitalized last week after undergoing “preliminary investigations” for an unknown disease unrelated to COVID-19. 19.
A palace source said the queen remained in good spirits and had recorded a video speech for the COP26 delegation on Friday. Further rest is a “reasonable precaution,” the source added.
But news of the doctor’s advice is likely to raise concerns about the health of the queen, who will celebrate 70 years on the throne next year. The Daily Telegraph described the suggestion of another two-week break as the most significant absence from the queen’s long reign.
The night before she was hospitalized, the queen hosted a reception for billionaire business leaders, including Bill Gates, at Windsor Castle. [ah]