No Further Action Against Prince Andrew’s Alleged Sexual Harassment

British police said Monday they would take no further action after reviewing evidence relating to allegations of sex crimes against Queen Elizabeth’s son, Prince Andrew, and the late US financier Jeffrey Epstein.

London police chief Cressida Dick said in August that detectives would look at the allegations for a third time even though they would not initiate an investigation, after Virginia Giuffre filed a lawsuit in the US alleging the prince had sexually assaulted her, which she has always denied.​

He said at the time that “no one is above the law.”

“As a procedure, MPS officers (Metropolitan Police Service) reviewed documents released in August 2021 as part of a lawsuit filed in the US,” police said in a statement Monday. Reuters.

In her civil suit, Giuffre, 38, accuses Andrew of forcing her to have sex when she was a minor at the home of Epstein’s longtime partner, Ghislaine Maxwell, in London.

She also said Andrew, 61, sexually assaulted her at Epstein’s Manhattan home, and on Epstein’s private island in the US Virgin Islands.

The British royal, who is the ninth heir to the British throne, has always denied the allegations or had any connection to Giuffre.​

He was forced to resign from royal duties because of his friendship with Epstein, who committed suicide in a Manhattan prison cell in 2019 while in custody on sex trafficking charges.

The Sunday Times reported this week that London police had spoken to Giuffre about his allegations.

Last week, lawyers for Andrew, the queen’s second son, were given permission to examine a confidential 2009 agreement between Epstein and Giuffre that they hope will relieve him of all responsibility in the case. [ah/rs]

Check Also

China’s Military Power Is Expected To Overtake The US And Russia In The Near Future

A US military general warned that it was only a matter of time before China’s …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.