Inter-Korean Hotline To Be Restored Monday

North Korea on Monday (4/10) said it would restore telephone lines or hotline broken inter-Korean relations, but appealed to South Korea to step up its efforts to improve relations between the two countries, North Korean media reports say Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un expressed his willingness last week to activate again hotline which was decided by North Korea in early August. The termination was carried out in protest at the joint military exercise between South Korea and the United States (US), a few days after it opened hotline for the first time in the past year.

The official KCNA news agency said the connection would be restored by 9 am Monday (4/10) but called on Seoul to fulfill its “duties” to restore cross-border ties, without elaborating.

Kim has urged South Korea to ignore “delusions” about what Seoul calls a North Korean military provocation.

“South Korean authorities should make positive efforts to put north-south ties on the right track and complete important tasks that should be prioritized to open up bright future prospects in the future,” KCNA said.

Tensions between the two countries have risen since North Korea closed hotline last August. North Korea has warned of an imminent security crisis by conducting a series of tests of new missiles, including hypersonic missiles, anti-aircraft missiles and nuclear-capable “strategic” cruise missiles. (vm/rs)

Check Also

China’s Military Power Is Expected To Overtake The US And Russia In The Near Future

A US military general warned that it was only a matter of time before China’s …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.